As a store owner, you’re required to keep track of your products and find out when they are out of stock. This is an important part of store management. As compared to previous versions of Magento, Magento 2 has cleared the problem of not displaying out of stock items. The Magento 2 version was published in 2015 and allows the owner of an online store to disable, set or display products that are out of stock, manage out of stock products, and many more improvements. Learn more about How to Sell Online
The newly added feature allows a store owner to know when to reorder an out of stock product and allows them to input a number of their choice that is greater than zero. The feature is also used to attract potential customers and reduce the number of high-quantity buyers by ensuring that there is a maximum quantity for each purchase. The tool provides that one buyer will not be able to take out the entire inventory.
You can display Out of Stock products independently on their online store. The procedure is as follows;
- Go to the Magento store and open the Admin panel. Open the section labeled System and click on Configuration.
- In this section, you need to choose catalog and choose the tab labeled Inventory. Next, select the Stock Options section and expand it so you can customize your products.
- learn more Magento
- Before going to the Display Out of Stock section, enter the field that;
- Allows the site to decrease the stock upon purchase automatically.
- Indicates on the site upon any cancellation and there is an automatic addition to the available product quantity.
- You will find a section labeled Display Out of Stock product. Choose this and set it to No to ensure customers are unable to view out of stock products.
- Finally, you have to set the following to complete the process;
- Set the Display Products Availability on the product page to display out of stock.
- The last step involves the creation of a field that allows a message that displays the number of products left. In case you set the number to like 8, for example, it will display “Only eight left.” The quantity will automatically adjust itself until the stock is complete.
- How Magento indexing works
In conclusion, every online store owner needs to use the Out of Stock section to improve their stock management as they use Magento 2.