5 Ecommerce Site Design Trends for 2017
Technology is pretty much like life in general for a wide variety of reasons, one of which is how constant change is for both of them. Developers continuously seek ways to improve technology and make it more useful for people. This year, we can expect major changes in technology trends, including ecommerce site design trends.
Major ecommerce platforms credit their success to their design. We know that people are generally visual by nature, which is why it is important to really focus and invest in your site design. If you sell online to earn a living, you should know which apps sell online effectively. In looking for the best ecommerce platforms, many things come to play. What should top your criteria is its responsiveness to web and mobile use, customizable properties, and available themes.
What are the trends you should watch for this year in online business site design trends?
- Web design is synonymous to mobile design.
- We all have witnessed how smartphones have successfully taken over the world. Right now, ecommerce site owners can choose whether they want their designs to be responsive in web or mobile. This year, it is guaranteed for your web design as just the same one that is also used in mobile.
- When you sell online, you reach out to potential customers. -Most of them use their phones when browsing. To assure them of a smooth shopping and browsing experience, you have to have a mobile responsive design. This also translates to good customer reviews.
- Read more Shopify app
How does a good mobile design look like?
- Sites are predicted to use hidden menus, which works best for mobile. They will also begin using the full screen. Larger buttons and images will also be popular, as they are more finger-friendly.
- Online Store .Click here
- Hamburger or hidden menus will dominate site designs.
- Hamburger menus will be more popular, like the ones we usually see in Google and other leading sites. It is usually placed at the right side of the navigation. This year, though, hamburger menus are going to be moved to the left side.
- There will be lazy loading and long scrolling.
- Mobile browsing tends to be faster, since loading the products are done as needed through portions of pages instead of loading them all at once. The demand for faster browsing will be answered through web pages that load faster.
- Loading in web browsing would also be faster than the usual.
- The influence of Material Design will grow.
- Material Design is Google’s product, whose objective was to influence and even control how Android interfaces and apps would look like.
- It has great feedback from its users, which made plenty of online stores adopt its layouts and responsive transitions.
- GIFs are returning.
- GIFs will be repackaged into its more subtle counterpart that will be called cinemagraphs. They are pictures with small animations, and give the viewers some sort of a mini video experience.
- They will be used as category headers, product images, and home page banners.
The rise of ecommerce platforms sure created tons of jobs for web designers and developers. There is now a constant demand of talent that would improve and sustain the already existing success of apps selling online.
If one wants to make it big in an online business, tapping in to trends and staying updated of what it is to come is always good. You not only get yourself and your site ready for the changes, but also have the edge of knowing them first and knowing what to expect from your competitors. You get to brainstorm more, and stay at the top of your game—which always pays when you thrive in a competitive niche like ecommerce.
As a store owner, you’re required to keep track of your products and find out when they are out of stock. This is an important part of store management. As compared to previous versions of Magento, Magento 2 has cleared the problem of not displaying out of stock items. The Magento 2 version was published Read more about How to Display Products That Are out of stock in Magento[…]
At times, you may have created your website and just feel you don’t want to have the same template or the theme anymore. Well, great templates not only attract people to your website, but are also a great way of creating structure and changing the feel of your website. Apparently, with Wix website, you can Read more about How to the Change Wix Template of Your Website[…]
Indexing entails how Magento changes data, including product and categories to improve the storefront’s performance. Indexing method is aimed at speeding up the user interface, whereby, it counters the performance problem of Entity Attribute value (EAV); a flexible data storage solution but slow in data reading process. With indexing method, the transformed data updates as Read more about How Magento indexing works[…]